Many long-distance express buses connect Malacca with both Kuala Lumpur, Seremban, Johor Bahru, Singapore and other parts of Peninsular Malaysia.All long-distance and local buses now operate from the Melaka Sentral bus terminal, a good 4.5 km from the historic core of the city.
Regular buses and express busses connect Malacca with Singapore, Seremban, Johor Bahru and Kuala Lumpur. These buses start from Malacca Central which is located 3 kms from the historic centre of the town. Some of the companies operating to and from Malacca are:
* Transnasional Bus Service: Transnasional Bus Service is the biggest long distance bus operator in Malaysia and links Kuala Lumpur, Singapore and Seremban with Malacca. These buses depart from Malacca Central, Alor Gajah, Tanah Mosque and A'Famosa Resort.
* Malacca - Kuala Lumpur Express: The Malacca - Kuala Lumpur Express runs hourly buses between Kuala Lumber and Malacca. The services operation hours are between 05:30 A.M. and 07:00 P.M.
* Jebat Ekspres: Jebat Ekspres busses run between Kuala Lumpur via Tanah Mosque and Alor Gajah.
* Malacca - Singapore Express: Malacca - Singapore Express runs hourly buses between Malacca and Singapore and Johor Bahru from 08:00 A.M. to 07:00 P.M.
* Mayang Sari Express: Mayang Sari Express runs buses to and from Johor Baru.
* MCW Express: The MCW Express buses are frequent express bus services to Muar and Johor Baru.